Monocacy Brewing Company
Tasting Room Staff
Monocacy Brewing Company is seeking bartenders and tasting room staff to join our team. Applicants with a passion for craft beer and previous experience in a restaurant, or hospitality environment are ideally suited for this position. Please review all of the responsibilities and requirements below.
This position involves introducing brewery guests to the Monocacy Brewing Company brand and our growing portfolio of craft beer. Members of the tasting room staff will conduct beer samplings, conduct retail transactions for on-site consumption and off-site carryout, and maintain tasting room readiness for operation. May be scheduled to work at off-site promotional events, as needed. The tasting room at Monocacy Brewing Company is open daily.
Responsibilities of Tasting Room Staff:
- Practice safe and responsible alcohol service
- Present and comfortably communicate craft beer styles to guests
- Maintain retail shop in tasting room (restocking, organization, cleanliness, etc.)
- Maintain draught dispensing equipment
- Ability to diagnose and correct draught problems
- Cash handling
- Work off-site events including set up and break down of jockey boxes and other equipment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current alcohol service certification a plus – SAS, TIPS, BEST, etc.
- Prior work in brewing industry, as bartender, or retail a plus
- Prior alcohol service training
- Weekday afternoon/evening availability with weekends
- Maneuvering or heavy lifting, up to 165 lbs. kegs
- Good verbal communication skills, able to speak comfortably in large groups
- Time management skills
Please attach a PDF of your resume using the form below: