Monocacy Brewing Company
Part-Time Tasting Room Staff
Monocacy Brewing Company is seeking part-time tasting room staff to join our team. Applicants with a passion for craft beer and previous experience in a restaurant, or hospitality, environment are ideally suited for this position. Please review all of the responsibilities and requirements below.
This part-time position involves introducing brewery guests to the Monocacy Brewing Company brand and our growing portfolio of craft beer. Members of the tasting room staff will guide tours, conduct beer samplings, conduct retail transactions for on-site consumption and off-site carryout, and maintain tasting room readiness for operation. May be scheduled to work at off-site promotional events, as needed. The tasting room at Monocacy Brewing Company is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of each week.
Responsibilities of Part-Time Tasting Room Staff:
- Safely conduct tours through a production facility
- Practice safe and responsible alcohol service
- Present and comfortably communicate craft beer styles to guests
- Maintain retail shop in tasting room (inventory control, restocking, etc.)
- Maintain draught dispensing equipment
- Ability to diagnose and correct draught problems
- Cash handling
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current alcohol service certification a plus – TIPS, BEST, etc.
- Prior work in brewing industry, as bartender, or retail a plus
- Prior alcohol service training
- Maneuvering or heavy lifting, up to 165 lbs. kegs
- Good verbal communication skills, able to speak comfortably in large groups
- Time management skills
Please attach a PDF of your resume using the form below.