Monocacy Brewing Company
Sales & Marketing Director
Monocacy Brewing Company is seeking a Full-Time Sales & Marketing Director to join our team. Please review the information below. If you meet our qualifications, please fill out the form below and submit a resume.
Who we are:
Established in 2012, Monocacy Brewing Company is a craft brewery and taproom located in Frederick, MD. Our portfolio of beers consists of four year-round releases and an ever-rotating selection of seasonal and limited release ales and lagers. The team at Monocacy Brewing Company is dedicated to delivering consistent and great tasting releases to craft beer enthusiasts throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
What we offer:
Monocacy Brewing Company offers a competitive salary, based on experience, along with paid vacation and health care benefits.
A qualified candidate for the position of Sales and Marketing Director is a craft beer enthusiast who possesses a working knowledge of the brewing process, an understanding of the current craft beer marketplace and wholesale partnerships, and demonstrable success with on- and off-premise craft beverage sales. This position is a supervisory role, previous management experience is preferred.
Any candidate must have reliable transportation; this position requires daily travel in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC territories.
- Enthusiasm for craft beer and an understanding of the competitive craft beer marketplace
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to setting and meeting appropriate deadlines; time management
- Ability to manage, and deliver on, multiple tasks at once
- Understanding of alcoholic beverage laws, specifically regarding sales and promotion, in existing sales territory
Sales Management – Wholesale
- Daily sales calls
- Daily entry of sales orders
- Daily review of orders from sales team and ordering of sold goods through the warehouse
- Customer relationship management
- Build new account relationships through cold calling, scheduling appointments, and introducing buyers to our portfolio
- Bi-weekly reporting of labor for sales and promotional team
- Monthly reporting of sales through self-distribution and wholesale channels
- Develop sales materials and train sales representatives on new beer releases and sales processes
- Work with Accounts Receivable department to issue and resolve invoices
- Work with the Production team to schedule releases of beer
- Work closely with beer manager of wholesale partner
- Develop promotional strategies for new releases
- Plan and attend events (beer tastings, tap takeovers, beer dinners, etc.) in on- and off-premise accounts
- Schedule staffing for, and attend, industry beer events (beer festivals, showcases, etc.)
Sales Management – Taproom
- Weekly reporting of on-premise retail sales in the taproom
- Bi-weekly reporting of labor in taproom
- Oversee sales and customer service training with taproom manager and staff
- Develop strategies for taproom releases
- Plan promotional events in the taproom
- Develop promotional, advertising, and sales materials for sales force
- Develop promotional, advertising, and sales materials for taproom
- Maintain social media accounts
- Work with creative teams to develop new packaging and product roll-out